1. I don't hate Fort Worth. I just had a bad first impression. See?
2. And as for my comparison to NYC, I don't think "my" city is better. IT'S JUST DIFFERENT.
3. We could hire movers, but we're trying to be fiscally responsible. So, we're not! (We'll channel those funds into my institutionalization instead.)
4. I have packed dozens of boxes at this point, and am no longer feeling fully overwhelmed. Until friends and family call to make plans to visit and I realize I HAVE NO TIME, GRANDMA. JUST GET OFF IT ALREADY.
5. I know I'm not the only person on the globe who has moved. But that fact, SURPRISE!, brings me little comfort. Which is why I have you, my lovely readers. To take the bitching heat.
6. Teddy? Our beloved, lost teddy? We found out a few days ago that this Teddy is the one Husband was given when he got off the plane, returning from Afghanistan. He'd given it to his mother, who then mailed it up to Plus One in a care package a few years ago. It has therefore been officially given "SENTIMENTAL VALUE" STATUS, guys. In other words, the hunt is officially ON. I'm thinking of starting a Twibbon campaign.
But, aside from that, things are moving swiftly along. Plus One is coming around to the idea (as in, he only tells me he doesn't wanna move like once a week, rather than once an hour.) We have a moving truck set to come in a few days, which will really help with our pilgrimage (read: I won't have to drive a truck and trailer and have a sustained three-day panic attack). And things are going smoothly with the purchase of the house.
Of course, there are some bumps as well.
Because of the flurry of activity around the house, Plus One has been past-due for a haircut for like, weeks. Now, this is usually Husband's territory. He's worked on perfecting that boy's haircut for years now (despite the kicking and screaming and I DON'T WANT A HAIRCUT! on my son's part), and he's practically a licensed stylist at this point. But like I said, WE'RE KINDA BUSY. The kid's hair has grown unchecked to a point where it practically below his eyes. Believe it or not, he found this to be annoying. As did I. And since Husband is away, last night I asked Plus One if he wanted me to just trim his bangs. To my surprise, he excitedly said YES.
So! I took it upon myself to trim his bangs. Just his bangs! How hard could it be!? The kid can't see through that mop of hair! I'm doing everyone a favor!
Also, Husband may or may not be speaking to me.